Wednesday, June 27, 2012

In vested: DIY

I've had this DKNY jean jacket forever (1990's) and was holding on to it because it's classic and, you never know!


Recently, I've been wearing my faded jean jacket more and haven't paid much attention to this jacket until I started seeing jean vests popping up all over the blogosphere. When I had a moment and 


Ah ha, I know what I can do!  Make my own. Out with a pair of scissors, off with the arms and done!




The vest just makes this outfit so much more interesting and cool.



Right?


Vest: DKNY jacket-DIY

Skirt: LOFT
Shirt and Ring: Target
Shoes: Payless (old)
Necklace & Bracelet: thrifted


Linked up with Transatlantic Blonde and Rolled up Pretty and The Pleated Poppy for what I wore Wednesday, check it out.



pleated poppy


7 comments:

  1. cute outfit! I think I'm going to have to make my own denim vest!

    Lindsey Turner
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrift away, I'm sure you'll find a great jacket to DIY!

      Delete
  2. I love what you did here! Such a neat idea to turn your jacket into a vest. I really like the neutrals in your outfit with the red/orange shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable outfit. I personally don't think classic jean jackets ever go out of style. I've been on the hunt to buy one at Goodwill for months now but can never find one in my size. Love the refashioned vest though!
    http://kamsmomusa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great idea! I can't bear to sacrifice my 15 year old jacket, but maybe I can find one at a thrift store. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know what you mean, I wouldn't sacrifice an old favorite! This jacket was always very tight in the upper arms, so it was an easy choice to make. It's funny because the denim jacket I wear and love is thrifted!

      Delete
  5. We are indeed vest twins! I think I want to distress and bleach mine out but we'll see how much I feel like putting in the effort...;)

    ReplyDelete