Friday, August 17, 2012

Vintage Paisley

I thrifted this vintage top because I was strongly attracted to the colors and the print. 


 The fact that it was handmade added to the appeal. The print looks to be from the early 1970's and the style looks more 1950's.



I think it is very similar to some tops I've seen recently in the J.Crew "style guide" a.k.a. catalog.
Like this?
J.Crew
from J.Crew.com
I dressed it very casually  with chino shorts, sandals and a denim jacket. The next time I wear it I think I'll dress it up more.

arrgh, my daughter refuses to take "normal" pictures!

I might add that this was a very frugal outfit; in it's entirety it cost me less than $22!


Top: Thrifted and vintage
Shorts: Thrifted-St.John's
Jacket: Thrifted-Old Navy
Sandals: Payless


   

and

Casual Friday
at two thrity-five designs

4 comments:

  1. I like it! The print is beautiful and I love the color combination. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that paisley pattern!

    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com
    BLOGLOVIN
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three separate times I've tried to reply to your hilarious comment about the earrings I accidentally thrifted...I've tried to come up with an equally dramatic story lol but yours are just so good! hahaha.

    That shirt is SO pretty. I agree that it looks like the J.Crew one. I love the cut of the top almost as much as I like the pattern!

    My sister will only take "artistic" pictures as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely top! LOVE paisley and if vintage, hand made and thrifted, even better! Great find!

    Jenny
    www.jensoutfitjournal.com

    ReplyDelete