Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pumpkin Post

I have to admit, I'm a bit of a dud on Halloween.
I love fall and all that comes with this time of year but, I never really get into the real spirit of things.


 I'll just say that I blame my parents or my Mom and explain that it was not a holiday that we celebrated. To a girl raised in a Christian Reformed household, evil and darkness were things to stay away from, not embrace.



 So, this dark and ghoulish black peplum jacket with gray jeans and black boots is about as close as I will get to Halloween's darkness.


So, to soften up the look, I paired these with a soft pink cashmere sweater and cobalt blue baubles.
It's just more me!

Jacket: Carlo Blanco-thrifted
Jeans: Gap limited Edition-thrifted
Sweater: J.Crew
Necklace: Vintage and thrifted
Boots: Circa Joan and David (old)

pleated poppy

2 comments:

  1. there's nothing wrong with that!! everyone has a favorite holiday, they are not all the same. i love the pink sweater on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Halloween is definitely a love it or hate it holiday. That pink sweater is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete