Friday, December 14, 2012

My Favorite Combination

I just can't get away from wearing some combination of a denim shirt and skirt with boots. I think is my basic go-to. When I have this on, I feel stylish, comfortable and hip.


This time instead of a chambray shirt, I wore a denim one with a western feel: snaps, front and back yoke with a newly thrifted J.Crew pencil skirt. I love the brown and black together in this watercolor brush stroke pattern. In the spring it will be fun to pull the pink color out. But for now this combination keeps it grounded in late fall-winter.


The boots and the leather bomber jacket keep it fun and easy and are all I need on this 45 degree December day.

Shirt: thrifted
Skirt: J.Crew-thrifted
Boots: Sam & Libby
Jacket: JouJou-thrifted
pleated poppy
button

7 comments:

  1. Thrifted! (do i know your name?) I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR BOOTS! im in the market for some just like those. fun post! and ...i'm glad you like the unfussy gray coat. it is very cool, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I love J Crew especially when it's thrifted. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, such a thrill! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, so cute! I love the chambray with the brown print on the pencil skirt and jacket and boots! Great look.

    Thanks for linking up with Diaries of a Bargainista!

    Alison
    www.getyourprettyon.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - love your outfit, that pencil skirt is so cute! Can't believe it was thrifted, what a great find!

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is one of my favorite j crew skirts, i am hoping to come across one on ebay (or my thrift store - you never know!) one of these days. i love the combination with the denim + leather jacket, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love it too and sometimes I am just astonished, "why would someone get rid of this??".

      Delete