Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January 2013: Trend of the Month---Stripes!


One of my very favorite winter items are puffy vests. I wear them all the time. I have a black one, a white one, a light blue one, a red one and I usually have to stop my self from buying any more!



I wear them so often because they add a layer of warmth to every outfit and they just give me that cozy, wintery feeling.





Vest: Lands End
Cords: J.Crew-thrifted
Shirt: Ralph Lauren-thrifted
Boots: J.Crew (ancient 1999)

Linked up for the trend of the month challenge at Marion Berry style,  a real challenge for me because most of my stripes I wear in the warmer months!

Also, linked up with Lindsay for What I wore Wednesday.

pleated poppy

10 comments:

  1. Love those cords! What a cute color. Puffy vests are the best - they keep you SO warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the striped top paired with a lighter colored pant! You look great!

    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you found my blog! Thanks for your sweet comment--how funny that you stumbled on the photo of my parents' house and recognized it! I just love Upstate New York and really miss it--I loved seeing your recent pictures in the snow :) Looking forward to following along with you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great striped look!!!!
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit.
    You have a lovely blog, maybe we could follow each other?

    Ivana
    http://ruedetreschic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color of those cords- warms up the whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vest layered over the striped top! And those cords are such a pretty color!

    Emily
    http://a-devine-life.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cords! And of course the stripes too! Just found your blog through the link up and now I'm your newest follower :) I'd love for you to follow my blog too!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that we both wore vests for todays challenge :) I don't think I've worn my puffy vests this winter...because the idea of adding something puffy to a pregnant belly doesn't sound right LOL! But I share your affection for them :)
    Thanks for linking up girl!
    xo - Marion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this caz look. I'm all about the vest and cords in the winter. Perhaps we could follow each other?

    xo Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete