Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Slip on Sunday

I am always rushing to get to church on Sunday mornings, my husband likes the 9:00 service and likes to leave the house at 8:30 for our ten minute drive.


So, I'm always letting time slip by, helping my daughter get dressed and not thinking that we are minutes away from going out the door. This is where the dress is such a perfect item, I slip it on and GO!


I love colors and patterns of this fit and flare dress, it works for my body type but, for the sake of fashion, I think I missed the mark here on styling.



My cobalt blue vintage necklace doesn't really pop against the dress and I think a pink belt skinny belt around the waist would have set it off better and maybe a different pair of shoes...Ideas for next time, but overall I liked how this looks and I got to church on time!


Dress: Target
Necklace: vintage-thrifted
Shoes: Aldo-thrifted

With everything going on in my life the past six months: cancer diagnosis, surgery, chemotherapy, I've just done the basics on my blog to keep in touch with family, friends and faithful followers. Thank you so much for keeping touch, commenting and praying for me on this journey, I really appreciate the support and love from all directions and I feel it is one of the reasons I keep going strong. Thank you!

So, today I am going participate in a link up which I haven't done in months, you all give me the confidence to reach out. Thank you.

pleated poppy

16 comments:

  1. I live at Target, how did I miss that cute dress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's really darling, I bought it on impulse earlier this spring and love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  2. So, I just spent far too much time on your blog. I needed to know your story and loved looking back over the last year {maybe 2!}. What an inspiration you are. Stunning first off, and obviously an incredibly strong woman. Blessings.
    Love this look. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for caring to look further. I wasn't sure if I would keep this up once I was diagnosed but, it has been such a blessing and wonderful outlet and way to connect with other amazing women, like yourself! My daughter is Grace Katherine!

      Delete
  3. I think you look great! Not all accessories need to pop, but a pink belt might be cute next time! Sending happy healthy thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support as always, you are looking so beautiful in your glowing Mom-to-be condition!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful dress! My first time visiting your blog...sending blessings your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the silhouette and colors on you! I have a few otufits including accesories in the front of my closet ready to go for busy days. I have already tried them on and tweaked the styling...

    I appreciate your posts during this difficult time and love seeing you as you fight! i continue to pray for you daily!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey, thanks for your prayers they are so needed in times like these, faith is carrying me through this entire journey, I will not give up!
      Good idea, I keep a journal of outfit ideas but, sometimes those don't always feel right for church:)

      Delete
  6. First of all, you look amazing! That dress is really pretty and looks great on you. I think that necklace is lovely with the dress and you could easily try brighter colors for accessories the next time you wear it. It looks like a perfect one to remix! Wonderful thrifted finds (I am a Goodwill shopper, too.) Will be praying for you! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers, stopping by my blog and styling suggestions!!

      Delete
  7. I think your husband and my husband are brothers. LOL Mine is the exact same way. I'm like "Dude, we're 10 minutes away... Why are we leaving so early?"

    I adore the dress and, yes, I think a pink belt would be fab with it.

    Praying with and for you! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa, what is up with guys?? I think it is a male's territorial nature, because he always has to sit in the same pew, same place, too! Love him though and with out his faith and mine this cancer journey would be a lot more difficult. I know God gives me the strength to carry on and fight! Thanks for siopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  8. Such a pretty dress on such a pretty you.

    You look amazing as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, Thank you for your daily, consistent support and prayers. I know that all the strength I have comes through people like you who give me reasons to get up or get dressed or even blog. My daughter is my center but, your encouragement and support are unwavering. Thank you as always!

      Delete