Friday, July 6, 2012

Neon Stripes and Chambray


Yep, that's right, it's me in a chambray shirt, again.


I think I'm in a style rut...one of the reasons why I started this blog was to force me beyond the mundane, ordinary and "scripted" way I was fashioning outfits from my clothes. Now, let's see if I can identify the cause...


It is summer and I have no real place I have be, so my outfits merely become the ways that I don't wear a swimsuit.  Lucky for me most of my time is spent on the deck, on the dock in the water or on a boat watching over my daughter enjoying the summer and her youth. 


Or I could just dissect what I am wearing: Sneakers (Converse), so I can walk or run where ever I need to go. Cotton skirt:  breathable, stretchy and a cotton chambray, fun and functional.



All put together with a tree shaped pendant,
So summer for me!

Shirt: J.Crew
Skirt: Route 66
Shoes: Converse-thrifted
Necklace: thrifted

Linked up today at Two Thirty five designs for casual Friday and with long distance loving for Friday's Fancies.



3 comments:

  1. nice outfit :):) i'm following you, vsit my blog if you want :)
    Anordinarylifestylebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like your chambray shirt with that skirt! i am totally NOT tired of your chambray shirt outfits- i think i commented before that i have a similar one and i'm always looking for ideas of how to wear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love, LOVE that skirt!

    - lauren

    ReplyDelete