Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer Wedding

In a recent post I highlighted a maxi dress in anticipation of wearing it to an upcoming wedding. I ended up returning that dress and purchasing another to wear and here it is in pictures:


I think I just didn't feel comfortable in the maxi for a wedding, it seemed too casual. So, I found this dress and felt very nice, isn't that the key to looking great, feeling great in it?


The bride looked beautiful, I had a great time with my husband and


I kept it simple and classic.


Dress: Calvin Klein
Shoes: BCBG
Bracelets, necklace and rings: gifts

9 comments:

  1. Oh, you look so nice! I'm glad you went with your gut and felt good about it!
    --Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vivienne and I will say that you had some influence over my choice to take back the other dress. I've always been interested in buying quality clothing; I find it fits better, looks better and lasts. It's easy to get mind less and just look at an item of clothing as a trend and buy cheaper goods. But, that really isn't me and I am seeing this more as I become more involved in blogging. Thank you for your ethical and conscientious voice, I agree with you and I am going try to avoid the cheap and fast fashion.

      Delete
  2. Cute! I think that was a good choice, this seems much more elegant and wedding-appropriate. Love the shoes and simple accessories you chose. You look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elegant, I think you are right! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. Ok, your body is PERFECT and I'm sure you can wear anything but I really love that color dress. So pretty. Hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought the color was great, too! Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  4. Stunning! You look so amazing in that dress and I agree it is better for a wedding. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting dressed is ALL about feeling great. When you feel great, you look great. And you do look great in this dress! :)

    -Mary @ Style That Moves

    ReplyDelete