Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Repurposed Necklace DIY



I had a men's gold link necklace kicking around from a family box of castoffs.  It looks to be from those 'necklace by the foot' rolls you see in every mall at those center aisle kiosks. I thought I could probably do something with it so I kept it around.




I originally saw this post on cheetah is the new black and thought aha, I know what I can do with the gold chain necklace I have.


And, this is how the idea was applied:


 I started off with a bundle of embroidery floss and doubled it up two times to have four full strands. I then tied off the end to the large open loop and proceeded to weave the thread through each link with a loop stitch technique.


A close up:


The finished product:


And this is how I wore it:




I was very happy with the finished product and thought that the orange could be swapped out anytime for another color if I tired of it. But, for now it adds just the right touch to many outfits!


2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! It turned out really well, and you're right, the string could easily be changed out for another color. Need to do this! :) Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love how a boring chain is now a customized fun piece of jewelry! Great job!

    ReplyDelete